A quick and easy roasted tomato salsa that is great for dipping with tortilla chips and using in other recipes!
- 1 pound plum tomatoes
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chilies
- 1 small onion, peeled quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- salt to taste
- Roast the tomatoes, chilies and garlic in a cast iron pan over medium-high heat or under the broiler until slightly charred on all sides removing them as they are done, about 20 minutes for the tomatoes and less for the chilies and garlic before removing the stems from the chilies.
- Puree everything in a food processor until you get the desired consistency
- Season with salt to taste and serve warm.