A soft breeze picks up and that's when it finds me, wraps around me, and gives me a hug: the smell of cinnamon rolls as they bake. Our climbing gym is no more than one block from an industrial bakery, and this happens more than once a week. It's not always cinnamon rolls, though that's what I smell most often.
Crustless Peach & Blackberry Bakewell Tart
- 150 grams butter, softened
- 100 grams coconut sugar ground fine
- 150 grams almond flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 peach
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt the butter in a thick-bottomed sauce pan. Once fully melted, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut sugar. Then, add the almond flour, a pinch of salt, the egg and almond extract, and stir until combined. Pour into pie plate or tart pan.
- Slice the peach in half, and then cut each half into 10 thin slices. Pick up 5 slices at a time and fan them. Place on top of batter, and repeat with the remaining three sets of five slices. Then, place the blackberries around the peaches.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until the tart is golden on top. It still make jiggle in the center a small amount. (Tip: check on the tart after 20 minutes, and cover the outside edges with foil is they are browning too fast. This will help it bake more evenly). Allow tart to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. (Ice cream is a definitely yes!)