This strawberry basil jam is perfect for breakfast on toast, bagels, muffins, etc. and it's just as good in savoury sandwiches or served over vanilla ice cream or even yogurt!
Strawberry Basil Jam
A fresh homemade strawberry jam with a hint of basil!
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned, hulled, sliced or mashed
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 box pectin
- 1/4 cup basil, sliced or chopped
- Bring the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice to a boil over medium-high heat in a large sauce pan.
- Mix in the pectin and bring to a hard boil for 1 minute, before removing from heat.
- Skin any foam off.
- Mix in the basil before poring into sterilized jars and storing in the fridge.