Avocado and watermelon complement each other well: sweet and savory; creamy and crisp; fresh and bold. Both benefit from the addition of a little spice
Spicy Watermelon & Avocado Salad
- 1 cup watermelon, sliced thin
- 1 5-ounce container OrganicGirl Butter Greens
- 1 cup clover sprouts
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thin
- 1 recipe Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Spread butterhead lettuce in a single layer on a platter or in a salad bowl. Top with sprouts, slices of watermelon and avocado, and slices of jalapeño. (Optional: if you do not like spicy food, consider de-seeding the jalapeño! Wash hands thoroughly after cutting and avoid touching your eyes).
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad when ready to serve. Enjoy!