The key to this blue cheese coleslaw is allowing it to have time to mellow so feel free to make it in the morning or even the day before. After letting the flavours mingle in the fridge for a while this coleslaw is truly amazing! It is just packed with flavour and the blue cheese gives it a really nice creaminess that will have you coming back for more. You can easily doubled this recipe and feel free to use a bag of pre-chopped cabbage to save a bit of time.
Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- 2 cups cabbage (shredded)
- 1 carrot (shredded)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 lemon (juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- Mix the cabbage and carrot in a large bowl.
- Mix the mayo, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Mix everything together.
- Cover and let mellow in the fridge for a few hours.