These cookies use cream cheese and lemon curd in addition to butter to to keep them nice and moist and chewy. The intense lemon flavour comes from the lemon curd in addition to an extra hit of lemon zest! Once you mix the simple cookie batter you just bake for 10 minutes and you are good to enjoy some tasty cookies; in less than 20 minutes all said and done! Yum! You really can't go wrong with all of the flavours of lemon cheesecake in cookie form with these soft and chewy lemon cheesecake cookies!
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cheesecake Cookies
Light and moist lemon cream cheese cookies that just melt in your mouth!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 cup powdered/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered/confectioners sugar
- Mix the cream cheese, butter, lemon curd, sugar, vanilla, egg and lemon zest.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet, form the batter into 1 inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until just starting to turn a light golden brown on the bottom, about 8-10 minutes, before letting cool on the pan for 5 minutes, transferring to a rack, sifting on the powdered sugar and cooling completely.