so you can achieve success on a raw vegan lifestyle. Having thrived on a mostly raw food plan for 16 years in between us, we’re excited to share the ins and outs about eating this way.
- Improved energy levels
- Clearer skin
- Natural weight loss
- Improved digestion and elimination
- Improved nutrition
- Clearer mind and focus
- 24/7 natural detox of your body
- Avoidance of artificial food additives
- Avoidance of unbalanced and unhealthy foods like refined sugar and oils
The science behind starting a raw food diet
- Healthy Bones. A study found that people who follow a raw food, vegan diet had lower bone mass than those eating a standard American diet, yet their bones were healthy with no signs of osteoporosis. (1)
- Lowers risk of cancer. A study found that raw food vegans had lower IGF-1 hormone levels in their bodies and so a lower risk of contracting various types of cancer. (1)
- Better antioxidant status. A study found that a raw food, vegan diet provides significantly more dietary antioxidants than a cooked, omnivorous diet, and that long-term followers of this diet have a better antioxidant status than the omnivorous diet eaters. (2)
- Longer, healthier life. A study found that there was a decreased in all-cause mortality, including cancer and heart disease mortality for people eating up to 7+ portions daily of fruits and vegetables. (3)
- Improved rheumatoid arthritis. A study found that people with rheumatoid arthritis noted a marked improvement in their pain, swelling of joints and morning stiffness when eating a raw food, vegan diet. (4)
- Improved fibromyalgia. A study discovered that subjects with fibromyalgia noted an improvement with their joint stiffness, pain and with their quality of sleep when eating a raw food vegan diet. (4)
What kind of raw food diet is the healthiest?
- You’re getting most of your calories from carbohydrates in fruits.
- You’re getting most of your calories from fats and restrict your consumption of fruit.
- Brain fog/lack of mental clarity
- Depressed mood
- Food cravings
- Constipation and digestive issues
- Blood sugar issues, including candida