The base of this casserole is eggs along with cottage cheese, though ricotta would also be good! The dips remaining flavours of artichokes and cream cheese are added using nice big chucks of the cream cheese so you really notice it and everything is rounded off with some parmesan cheese which adds a ton of flavour! The egg casserole takes almost no time to make so it's just as perfect for weekday breakfasts as it is for weekend brunches! Make a double batch of this asparagus and artichoke breakfast casserole on the weekend and enjoy the leftovers for quick weekday breakfasts with just a few seconds in the microwave to warm it them up!
Asparagus and Artichoke Breakfast Casserole
A light, healthy and tasty summer breakfast casserole with asparagus, artichokes and plenty of cheese!
- 10 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parmigiano reggiano (parmesan), grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- Mix everything and place in a greased 9x9 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 375F/190C oven until the eggs have set and the top is a light golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 239, Fat 12.6g (Saturated 5.8g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 289mg, Sodium 393mg, Carbs 12g (Fiber 7.2g, Sugars 3g), Protein 21g