This green goddess sandwich is pretty much the essence of summer! It starts out with a base of fresh, field ripened heirloom tomatoes, moves on to cool avocados along with creamy fresh mozzarella and of course it's finished with the flavour packed green goddess mayo! The green goddess mayo is a tasty mayonnaise with plenty of herbs, like basil, tarragon and chives, in addition to lemon juice, garlic and anchovies and it's so yummy that you'll want to slather it on everything; not to mention devouring it by the spoonful!
Green Goddess Sandwich
A fresh sandwich with juicy tomatoes,cool avocado, tangy apish and onions, greens, creamy mozzarella and a green goddess mayonnaise that is packed with flavour!
- 1 cup daikon radish, julienned
- 1 small white onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup packed tarragon leaves
- 1/4 cup packed chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (or 2 anchovy fillets, chopped)
- 1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices bread
- 1 (8 ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach (or 4 leaves lettuce)
- 1 cup micro-greens/sprouts
FOR THE PICKLED ONIONS AND RADISH:
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS MAYONNAISE:
FOR THE GREEN GODDESS SANDWICHES:
- Mix the radish, onion, sugar, salt, vinegar and water and let sit for 30 minutes or more.
- Puree everything in a food processor.
- Assemble the sandwich and enjoy!