These gyro grilled cheese sandwiches turned out pretty big with all of the fillings but they were oh so good! You can just imagine combining two already great things, gyros and grilled cheese sandwiches and you get something even better!
Gyro Grilled Cheese Sandwich (aka Gyro Melt)
A massive grilled cheese sandwich with all of the flavours of a gyro including succulent slow roasted lamb, juicy tomatoes, sweet onion, garlicky tzatziki, salty feta, and plenty of melted cheese.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup kasseri or mozzarella, room temperature and shredded
- 2 tablespoons feta, room temperature and crumbled
- 1/4 cup slow roast lamb, warm
- 2 slices tomato, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion to taste, sliced or diced
- 2 tablespoons tzatziki, room temperature
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread, sprinkle half of the cheeses on the inside of one slice of bread, top with the roast lamb, tomato, onion, tzatziki, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread.
- Add the sandwich to the pan and grill until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.