Cheese, broccoli and ham is such a magical combination of flavours and it is perfect in grilled cheese form! If you are fresh out of leftover Easter ham you are going to have to run out and get some ham, along with the broccoli, but it is so worth it for these roasted broccoli, ham and cheddar grilled cheese sandwiches!
Roasted Broccoli, Ham and Cheddar Grilled Cheese
With roasted broccoli, ham and cheese never had it so good in a grilled cheese sandwich!
- 1/2 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 teaspoon oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices cheddar (or 1/2 cup shredded)
- 1/4 cup ham, diced
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard (optional)
- Toss the broccoli florets in the oil along with the salt and pepper, arrange them in a single layer on a large baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F/200C oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place one slice in the pan with buttered side down, top with half of the cheese, the roasted broccoli, ham, grainy mustard, the remaining cheese and finally the other slice of bread with buttered side up.
- Grill until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.