Fennel, crab & orange salad
- 1 bulb of fennel
- 2 oranges
- 2 fresh sprigs of mint
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ a fresh green chilli
- 100 g white crabmeat, from sustainable sources
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Trim the fennel, then thinly slice on a mandolin and place in a bowl of iced water.
- Peel and slice 1½ oranges, then arrange on a platter.
- Pick and tear the mint leaves, destone the avocado, then slice and scoop out the flesh. Dice the chilli.
- Arrange on the platter with the fennel and crabmeat.
- Mix the remaining orange juice with the oil. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper, then drizzle over the salad. Serve at once.